Without a strong foundation, buildings crumble. Billy Graham, the famous evangelist, said "The foundations of civilization are no stronger and no more enduring than the corporate integrity of the homes on which they rest. If the home deteriorates, civilization will crumble and fall." Whoa. The foundations that our society is built upon are homes and families. If you have a family, you have a huge role to play in the shaping of future generations! It's sobering and incredible all at the same time, right?!
So I would ask - what are your foundational beliefs about your kids? Your life? Your purpose as a mama? Your core beliefs will shape your approach to parenting and every aspect of your daily life!
Here's what I believe:
- I believe raising and teaching the next generation is a humbling honor & privilege.
- I believe children are precious and capable of much more than we think!
- I believe motherhood is challenging, exhausting, exhilarating, and incredibly rewarding.
- I believe that we are uniquely capable of impacting others (including our children and families) in a powerful way.
- I believe we can inspire and encourage one another by cultivating true friendships with other women who bring us up, not down.
How about you? What do you believe? I'd love to hear. Reach out and let me know.